Last Revised: August 4, 2021
This Privacy Notice details how Kombi Inc.
("us", "we" or "Company") processes
personal information related to its customers (each, "Customer" or
"you") and/or any individual who is authorized to use the Company's website
and services ("Website" and "Services",respectively).
The details of the Company are as follows:
9 Greening crescent, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9A 1N9, Canada.
We revise this notice from time to time, in our sole discretion, and the most current version will always be posted on our Website (as reflected in the "Last Revised" heading). We encourage you to visit this page regularly for any changes.
What personal information we collect
The term "personal information" means individually
identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or can with
reasonable effort identify an individual.
We collect personal information related to you ("Personal Information") when you are signing-up or registering to our Services. This includes the following types of Personal Information -
- Registration Details: When registering to our Services, we collect certain information that can be used to identify you including your full name and email address.
- Voluntary Information: We also collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you communicate with us via our 'contact us' webpage or when you respond to communications from us, ask for our support, communicate with us via email or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services.
- Device Information: We collect specific types of connection details and information with regard to your device, software, or hardware that may identify you. Such information includes your browser type, device identifiers, and IP address.
Payment Information: We don’t collect or process payment information ourselves. We use third-party e-commerce providers and payment processing services called Stripe, PayPal, and PayPro Global ("Processing Services"). The Processing Services have committed that they will comply with the necessary security provisions and all of them possess PCI DSS certifications (highest industry standard for payment processing). If you want to learn more, we recommend going over the Processing Services’ privacy policies.
How we use personal information
We use Personal Information in the manners described in
this Privacy Notice and for the main purpose of providing you with our Services.
In addition to the purposes listed here in, the information we collect, which includes Personal Information, is used for the following purposes -
- To provide and improve the Website and Services
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Website and Services
- To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Website and Services
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation orother governmental authority
- To comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request
With whom we share personal information and for what purpose
We do not rent or sell Personal Information.
However, we share Personal Information with the following recipients -
- our third party vendors engaged in providing services in connection with the Services
- our subsidiaries and affiliated companies
- auditors or advisers of our business processes
We share Personal Information with our recipients for any of the following purposes -
- storing or processing Personal Information on our behalf (e.g., cloud computing service providers)
- assisting us with our business operations (e.g., billing details and processing transactions)
- performing research, technical diagnostics, personalization and analytics that will enable us to improve the Services.
We will also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Website or Services, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to -
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
- enforce our policies (including our agreements), including investigations of potential violations thereof
- investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues
- establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims
- prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our affiliates, our Customers, yourself or any third-party
- for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies
- in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights
Since we operate globally, it is necessary to
transfer data, including Personal Information, to other countries than the country in which
the information was collected. In these instances, we will transfer your data only based on
valid transfer mechanism, as provided for by applicable laws.
We currently store and process Personal Information in the EU and the U.S., including sites operated and maintained by cloud-based hosting service providers in the U.S.
For how long we retain personal information and how we protect it
We retain Personal Information that we collect from you for
as long as we are providing the Services to you, and there after as required or permitted by
Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
Under applicable regulations, we keep records containing Personal Information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations for as long as needed.
We can rectify, replenish, or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and in our discretion.
Note that we implement information security measures, including internal policies and procedures, to secure Personal Information as well as minimize the risks of theft, damage,loss of data, or unauthorized access.
These measures provide sound industry standard security. However, although we make efforts to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that our Website or Services will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful access or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Your privacy rights
Subject to exemptions provided by law, and with proper identification, you may have the right to certain actions to Personal Information, for example -
- Right to verify Personal Information (i.e., to access, delete, change, or update Personal Information that is relating to you. For example, if you believe that Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted)
- Right to see what Personal Information about you we have
- Right to request that we erase Personal Information about you (subject to any other legal obligation that requires us to keep that information)
- Right to restrict us from processing Personal Information pertaining to you (for example, you can request that we will stop using or sharing Personal Information about you with third-parties)
- Right to export Personal Information in a portable format
If you wish to exercise your rights, contact us at [email protected] When handling
your request, we will ask for additional information to confirm your identity (which
includes Personal Information).
Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process Personal Information, we may be prevented from providing our Services.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and are subject to regulatory requirements.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled Personal Information, please contact us directly at [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can file a complaint to the applicable data protection authority.
Some web browsers offer a "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signal. A DNT signal is an HTTP header field indicating your preference for tracking your activities on our Services or through cross-site user tracking. Our Website and Services do not respond to DNT signals.
mobile analysis to gather,store, and track certain information related with your access to
and activity through the Services.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and may be used for various different purposes. These purposes include, among other things, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and the Website or Services quicker, easier, and smoother.
We use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies.
- Session Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allownormal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies are saved on your device for a fixed period and are not deleted whenthe browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to identify who you are forrepeated visits (for instance, to allow us to store your preferences for the next visit to ourpage).
You can remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences. However, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Data protection & compliance contact
For any data protection and compliance inquiries, you can
contact our data protection officer at [email protected]
Attn: Data Protection Officer
9 Greening crescent, Etobicoke,
Ontario, M9A 1N9